August 29, 2008

Vodka, anyone??

I am desperately trying to keep up with this blog-but it seems keeping up with my Boo is a bigger job. (Like always!)

I was a TAD apprehensive with the "happy" baby video on my last blog. Don't get me wrong-that is a HAPPY baby, but my how fast things change in baby land. I have never been more ready for a day with Cody in my life. I needed all the help I could get this week.

Pax and I fought some not so fun times this week. I felt like, well, ASS. I was hot, then cold, then hot, then cold...yadda yadda yadda. I have a feeling it might be this "revolutionary" new birth control I so desperately wanted to try.

And Paxi...had a bit of a poo problem. We haven't battled a constipation problem in AWHILE. Like since week 3 of life. I had quickly forgotten how important a daily poop or two is for a baby. I first tried the water trick...to no avail because she just spit it all up. I was getting a little anxious for her, looking at me with those sad puppy dog eyes. "Help me mommy."

So, I had to call the ped. And lucky for little Pax, it was her first time to try seriously diluted apple juice. Blech. What do you know, she loved it!! And will now probably wonder why we have been depriving her these pleasures all this time.

Let's just say the apple juice did the trick. And then some. I found myself jumping up and down cheering every time she grunted and started her massive tooting. Today there was not so much cheering, but more "AGAIN??" =) Ahh...the joys of motherhood. A whole post about poop.
Here's the little trooper today. Still not quite "regulated", but feeling better. And trying to figure out who is in the backseat with her with mirrored eyes.

My ONLY saving grace this week, and I mean the only, was my lovely friend Kristine. I met Kristine on a trip to Vegas about 3 years ago. We met through some mutual friends and actually have only been in the same room together perhaps twice. But let me show you why Kristine is SUCH an amazing person and my hallelujah this week. Behold: Box #3 of AMAZING baby clothes.


When I found out Pax was a girl, Kristine contacted me and told me that her baby Bella (born one year before P) had outgrown lots of her clothes and could she send me some. I had no idea the quantity or QUALITY of clothing she would be sending me, but now the sight of a box from Midland, TX makes me jump up and down and squeal like a kid at Christmas. Kristine and her family have given us the opportunity to spend money in other places than just on Pax clothes. We are forever in debt to them for the 3 boxes they have sent us and find it hard to explain our gratitude.


I look forward to sitting around this weekend with my husband and just taking it easy. I promise to attempt to be a better blogger next week, but then again, there is no telling what interesting problems we can get into. This is the first time in years that Cody & I haven't treked up to the Hill for opening weekend and I have to say, I'm a little happy. WOO PIG. I'll cheer from the couch this game.


Happy Labor Day weekend!!

1 comment:

Britney said...

She is SUCH a beautiful baby!!
I love the picture of her and Zona:)

life according to Lambie