We decided that it is far past time to do some family visitng. We have been holed up here since Christmas and it is time to get out of town. We are going to visit Cody's mom & step dad in Branson-which is the greatest location in the world for a baby clothes shopaholic as myself. They haven't seen Paxi since we were in Colorado. They have no idea what kind of wild woman is coming to visit!
Pax is so frustrated with her no crawling. She wants to so bad and I hope that she takes off very soon. Cody thinks she is behind-which, I have to remind him that all babies develop different. She's perfect and taking her time. She wants to get it JUST right! I can tell that she has grown bored with her immobility. She wants to get down and explore.
Things seem to change rapidly around here. As of the 8 month birthday, I cut out one of Paxtin's 4 oz bottles in the mid-afternoon. She would only pick at it and I ended up throwing out more than she would drink. She takes a whopper (10 oz.) bottle when she gets up, so I am thinking that is keeping her tied over. We are eating 3 meals a day in the highchair. I had to break down and move her into some non-organic foods. It was hard for me to do, but the variety she is awarded now is astounding. HELLO-vanilla custard with bananas! She has yet to meet a jar of food she didn't like.
Pax has also discovered how to go from her belly to her sitting position. I find her most mornings sitting in her crib playing with random passies and toys. Throwing things out of the crib is a new favorite. I find a sea of chucked passies all around the bed each morning!
We are also desperately trying to get Pax out of the baby tub. It's just time. She takes baths in the sink-it's easier to wash her hair with the sprayer in the sink. She cried at first, but I think she is adapting to it well...
Cody & I thought that buying her a big inflatable baby tub for her to sit in while in OUR tub would be a great way to transition her to the big tub. She's got to learn someday! Well-I have no cute pictures of the rubber ducky inflatable bath. She hated it. She screamed and flopped around like a fish out (or in) water. It was gut wrenching. I think if we stick with it, she will learn to love it. I mean, it quacks and everything!
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am hoping for a sushi dinner date with my husband while we are in Branson. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
:)




3 comments:
anyone remember Ed Grimley?
Thats rude. Keep your comments to yourself.
Sorry Nannie. Just protecting the boo baby!! Love you to the moon
pax & Roo
Post a Comment