
Not sure how visible the nose is, but Pax got her first boo boo 2 nights ago.
We were at a neighbor's house for a cookout and they live in a very old, Victorian style home with the steepest stairs EVER. Pax, of course, decided it was time she should be climbing stairs and just took off up them. I freaked. Naturally. She did ok going up and I would bring her back down to the bottom landing so she could go back up. Well...she attempted to then make her way from the bottom landing to the floor, over shot her landing and absolutely face planted. Her nose was all red and scraped looking. It is mostly the little area in between her nostrils, and is healing quite fast. But it was a definite first ouchy. lots of tears and mommy lovin' and she was right back up them. Fearless baby = nervous wreck mommy.
So, naturally I boasted and boasted about Pax having never been sick and what do you know? We end up at the Dr. yesterday, on her birthday no less. At least we made it a year. And I wouldn't say that she is sick either, just a minor sinus infection, but it does require some antibiotics. I took her for the Dr. to look at the really bad rash she has around her mouth right now (all teething/drool related...) and he discovered some drainage in her throat. We are also doing some Claritin for any allergies she may be suffering from. She has to keep her rash completely greased in Aveeno and Aquaphor at pretty much all times except for eating. It gets in her hair and all over me-not good for my OCD about her being neat and tidy in public. It was an eventful day to say the least. But this morning she is looking MUCH better.
She has also figured out how to do this...

Yeah and has no idea how to get back down. So once she decides to get up there, I have to run in and rescue her. (And yes, I realize she looks like a complete orphan and her hair is crazy.) She is pulling up on EVERYTHING-and really fast, too. It used to take her a minute, but now she is a total pro. No cruising on the furniture. I think she may be one of those that just takes off. Stay tuned!


2 comments:
I'm a huge fan of Aveeno baby products, especially for rashes. We've been putting California Baby Calendula Cream (I got it at Target) on Brendan's face and it seems to work just as well as the Aveeno, but it isn't as greasy.
I can't believe she's 1 already!
Her doctor recommended both Aveeno or Eucerin. I already had the Aveeno, so am sticking with it. We also use the California Baby bath products. =)
Post a Comment