July 05, 2009

Little Firecracker

We spent the 4th in Siloam with Cody's family again this year. We thought that things might get canceled because of some rain in the area, but it turned out to be a beautiful afternoon and evening. HOT, but nice.

Pax had quite the busy little day. We first had a brief stop to make in OK at a family reunion (where it WAS raining) so we didn't get to stay long. She only got about a 45 minute nap in the car after the reunion, so I was just sure we were in for a rough night. BUT-she surprised us all! She stayed up until almost 11:00 without a peep or a tear. I am not sure that she was a HUGE fan of the fireworks, but she wasn't scared. I think she was just more tired than anything.

Here she is going out on the golf cart with daddy.


I could see her when they went by clapping her hands and saying "YEAH!" She wasn't too happy that I made them stop for a picture.


At the BBQ, Pax got to go for her first swim in an 'official' pool. I couldn't let that cute red, white, and blue bikini go unused. ; )



In the pool with all her cousins.



With her daddy.


And a shot of her watching the fireworks. It wasn't long after this that we had to go inside and find some ice cream. It was a fair trade I think.


Pax & Al

With her buddy Dale

I can't wait to see how she does next year. She will be walking and into more, but I hope that she enjoys the holiday as much as Cody & I do. It is always fun to be with our family!

We finally got to meet baby Tripp, who was born at the beginning of June. He is just the sweetest thing and also lives close to us. Hopefully, we will get to plan a play date with him and Pax soon.

Tripp and Donnita





Tripp and Grandpa

No comments:

life according to Lambie