January 07, 2010

New Year-New Changes

2010 is going to be a great year-I can feel it. =) I haven't actually made ONE resolution, simply because I never keep them. I am just going to generally try to be a better mommy, wife, daughter, and friend. To love the Earth and give back to it anyway I can & drink more water. Sounds simple enough right?!?! I try to aim low and that way if I OVER achieve, I feel more productive.
Today is Thursday and it was a BIG day at the Lawlis home. I have held off and held off on starting Pax in school as long as I could, until I discovered that I might be stifling her by keeping her cooped up with just me (and close family) all the time. It was a hard decision to make, but I committed her to a ONE day a week Mother's Day Out at our church to see how she would do. I think she was more excited to riffle through her new bag and lunchbox than anything.
I said MULTIPLE prayers to get me to this day and said a lot of happy thoughts this morning as I got her ready to go. She, of course, had no idea what was going on.
But she wasn't too happy that I tried to stuff her beloved "Deego" (Diego) in her new bag. He's apparently far too special. ; )


So, with Diego in hand and a fresh outfit to boot, I loaded up my baby and got ready to drop her off at her FIRST official day of school.


Not before we got in some booty dancin', of course. ; )



And to my COMPLETE shock-Paxtin just marched right into her new room, sat down with another baby and sparked up a little convo. I know she gets this from Cody and I am so thankful for it. I was the one who was nervous and frightened and she was none of the above. I thank God so very much for blessing us with such an easy going, fun spirited little lady. She's sure to keep ALL the kids in her class in line, I'm sure.
As I sit here, baby-free for the first time in almost 2 years, I feel so weirdly GUILTY! I know I should enjoy this day and go do something fun (I might still...), I can't help but let my mind wander to what she's up to and how's she is enjoying her day. Such an odd feeling that I have never had until now. I hope she makes lots of friends and is a friend in return.
In other, less than exciting news, our little laptop died (again), so I am using my parents to blog from. I will more than likely only be posting once a week (on Thursdays!) but I think this will make for more of a good read. =)
I'm off to the bookstore with Cody. ALONE! =O



1 comment:

Erin said...

You are so funny! And please know you are not alone. Kinley goes to MDO one day a week too. She LOVES it! At first I felt guilty, but after the first couple of times, I'm loving it as much as K.

some days the time goes by so fast and I could still use a few more hours to get my errands complete!

Give yourself a month and you'll be hooked and wonder why you didn't do it long ago. and it sound like Paxtin already has the hang of it!

life according to Lambie