May 10, 2010

23 Months Old


So, here we are. On the verge of turning TWO. I cannot express to you how sad and happy I am all at the same time! On one hand, I have a very independent, funny, smart, walking, talking toddler. But, then there's the other hand, the one that misses that little bitty baby, the drool bubbles, the ooohing and ahhing, and even the spit-up. ;)
What an amazing two years it has been with Paxtin. It would be an understatement to say that she has changed everything about each and every person in this family. Because she has done so much more than that. She's stolen all our hearts.

So let me tell you what Ms. Independent is up to as she prepares to turn two:

Pax has totally sprouted in the leg department. She has long, long legs...skinny, too! She is definitely going to have her daddy's bird legs. Well, we both have bird legs, his are just 5 miles longer than mine. ; ) She is also a solid 30 pound little lady. She eats like a horse some days and will pick and munch others. I have finally let the new mommy worries go about her daily intake of each and every veggie, fruit, or grain...she's getting what she needs. Someway or in some form, she has 3 well balanced meals and plenty of snacks. She's also started drinking sugar-free chocolate milk. She's in heaven. =)

As far as her motor skills, she is self feeding 100% with her fork/spoon and I will probably introduce a real cup to her sometime soon after she turns two. She still sits in the highchair at most restaurants, but at Nannnie and Poppy's (and eventually at our new house), she is in a booster. It is so cute to see her sitting at the table like a little grown-up! I think she feels the same about it, as well.

She has also started getting into the independent, pretend play. She enjoys being in her room alone with her babies and play house. I try to sneak a peek at what she is up to in there, but she always catches me. She often marches out to the kitchen or den to grab a random item she needs-a measuring spoon or blanket. I love it. I could watch her play and talk to her babies all day. We have also started going to the park more with friends. It is about to get BRUTALLY hot here in the South, so we won't be able to go much longer, but for now she is really enjoying it. She is still pretty sketchy about the slide, but once you help her up and get her to let go of her, she LOVES it.

I could go on and on about each and every funny thing she says and does-but, it's easier just to say that, to us, she's completely perfect. She's the happiest, giggliest, most bubbly (almost) two year old you can imagine. I can't wait to see what changes the next year will bring!!






Happy 23 months my Lambie baby.






Love you to the moon

No comments:

life according to Lambie