June 11, 2010

Show us Your Life--China patterns





Today's Kelly's Korner, Show us Your Life is all about dish patterns. I am not really all that into dishes and china--my mom had to talk me into registering for all that stuff when I got married. I just don't see the big hoopla about it. It's not my style to get hung up on having all my dessert plates or salad forks. Maybe one day I might get into it. Anyways...

since she convinced me to register, I went with my taste...not price. Which actually was a BIG mistake. I didn't receive near the amount of these dishes that I thought I would simply because they were so expensive. I chose the Vietri Pallini dishes.




I accented them with solid color plates to do a mix and match type feel. A lot like Fiesta ware. If I could do it all over again, I would definitely choose various colors in Fiesta.





Fiesta is cheap and it's more my style. More mix and match and not matchy-matchy.





I also got some fine china, but I can't for the life of me remember what they are. Lenox something...


they look a lot like this!



I would one day like to have some holiday dishes. I think that's kind of fun. I don't know if I will ever be hosting a Christmas dinner at my home, but how cute are these??


these are the same brand as my everyday dishes, Vietri Holiday Dot. I guess I have a thing for polka dots?!?! =)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the Holiday Dot! Very cute! Your polka dot liking has rubbed off on your blog, too. :)

life according to Lambie