The 4th of July is always a little hectic for us. Our usual plan is a visit to Cody's family reunion in Oklahoma and then we drive to his dad's for the night's festivities in NW Arkansas. I am still sometimes amazed that we did all that with a little-er one last year. But, Pax is WAAAY easier these days-she can run around, entertain herself to an extent, and we are able to visit and enjoy the holiday more and more each year. Usually.


Saturday we had a birthday party to go to...Paxi friend Nolan turned one. And then we went for an evening swim with Mike and Whitney. Poor Pax was just as clingy as the last time we swam, if not worse. It breaks my heart that she isn't a water baby--I guess we should have introduced her to it a little younger. She did, however, get to see what the life vest does when she tumbled off the side of the pool! My heart stopped beating FOR SURE and her little face was priceless. Not one tear from her though...I know she would LOVE swimming if she just gave it a try. :/

Well, as usual, our plans had to change for the 4th due to Cody's work schedule--he had to work on Monday, which made going out of town impossible. We didn't even get to go to his family's big party. =( So, even though we stayed in town, I wanted to do something fun! Our friends, Mike and Whitney invited us to a cookout at their parents on Sunday...lots of food, swimming, and people!
She was borderline crabby before we left....(the only thing that cheered her up was her new bubble gun from Nannie & Poppy.)

And in a rare pissy mood by the time we got there. She is hardly ever whiny or clingy and she was both and then some Sunday afternoon and night. We loaded her up anyways...and since the party was just a few blocks from my parents house, we walked down with Pax. She made it about 30 min (if that) and then MELTED DOWN. I, luckily, was indoors, so I missed the big blow-up, but she came in with a tear in her eye and a big Popsicle in her hand. :/ We called up Nannie and Pax exited shortly after that...it was for the best. She was in NO mood for a party and I didn't want her getting anymore angry than she already was. I got a few cute pics of her in her 4th of July dress.
I never seem to be able to get a family photo. I am terrible about that and need to try harder to make that a priority. Sometimes, I am lucky if I remember my camera at all. Paxi does love her 'Whitty', though. =)

She was borderline crabby before we left....(the only thing that cheered her up was her new bubble gun from Nannie & Poppy.)

And in a rare pissy mood by the time we got there. She is hardly ever whiny or clingy and she was both and then some Sunday afternoon and night. We loaded her up anyways...and since the party was just a few blocks from my parents house, we walked down with Pax. She made it about 30 min (if that) and then MELTED DOWN. I, luckily, was indoors, so I missed the big blow-up, but she came in with a tear in her eye and a big Popsicle in her hand. :/ We called up Nannie and Pax exited shortly after that...it was for the best. She was in NO mood for a party and I didn't want her getting anymore angry than she already was. I got a few cute pics of her in her 4th of July dress.
I never seem to be able to get a family photo. I am terrible about that and need to try harder to make that a priority. Sometimes, I am lucky if I remember my camera at all. Paxi does love her 'Whitty', though. =)
I also threw in some of P's previous 4th of July pics. It's crazy to think back to her being so little...and can you tell, I love a good theme!!?? I think the 4th and Christmas are my favorites as far as outfits go. Girls are just SOO much fun to dress up. =)





No comments:
Post a Comment