February 08, 2011

32 Months

WHAT an amazing age. Long gone is that timid toddler I had to help with every little detail and activity. In her place is this self-confident, sassy-talkin' little lady.



As if the picture didn't give away the attitude. ; )

A few monthly posts back I mentioned how Paxtin was beginning to pick up on various words and then re-use them in her own little cutesy way. I think this was around her 18 month birthday and at that point, all I wanted was to hear her communicate with me. I'm going to start adding a link to older posts like these-just to go back and see how much my sweet angel has changed.

Paxtin at 20 Months:

Well, fast forward to NOW she carries on amazing conversations. She understands just an astounding amount of words. I can actually reason/bargain (!) with her now and it is awesome. We have started having talks about what is expected of her, weather we are in public, church, or while she's at school. She really takes in all the info and retains it. It has really helped our experiences out in public and even so at home.

Paxi is still my frilly, girly girl. Dress-up is her number one love and you rarely see her out without a fabulous purse or an entire armful of bracelets. It can become a battle some mornings-especially now that she's gotten into her own sense of fashion lately. And let me tell ya-pajamas would rule this woman's world. See! Not all things she got from me while be bad!! She knows her comfort.

There is still ZERO activity on the potty. I try, she tries, her teachers at school try--it JUST isn't clicking.' And this mommy is NOT one to force or try to fit into a time-frame of what other kids are doing. Spring Break is coming up for us and if by that point we are still struggling, I will use that time to devote the whole week to it.

Paxtin is my diva, for sure, but she's so smart some days I have to write down something she said-just so I can never forget that sweet little face as she so seriously described her story. Diva's can have a heart of gold, too. =)

LOVE YOU PAXI BOO.

No comments:

life according to Lambie