April 10, 2011

34 Months Old



So, Paxtin at 34 months:

We've had a MAJOR change in Paxtin's life over the past month!! SHE'S POTTY TRAINED!!!! I can't believe how lucky we've gotten with it...she's really been the dream child. I decided on a Friday morning that I was DONE with diapers. SO, I took them away and put her in panties. It was slow going at first, but she never had an accident. And then the next thing I know, she's in there by herself peeing!! I was so proud of her...we squealed and clapped. She got to pick out a prize and a chocolate. And the rest is history. We are still doing a diaper at nap and bedtime, simply because she just isn't ready to go without anything at night. I hope that comes soon. I know one way to help that would be to cut out drinks before bed. :/ This will be really hard because she LOVES her chocolate milk during story time...before we brush teeth. Oh well, it must be done. Today we ventured out of the house for the first time since Friday and I have to say I was really nervous. She's only used to going in her little potty and where we were only had big ones. But,she did awesome. Just sat right on them like it was no big deal. We DID, however, have to go to the bathroom about 20 times, but what's weird is she went every time. CRAZY. Kids have some weird obsession with the bathroom, I guess. I hope to avoid using EVERY public toilet in town.

Paxtin & I have recently started working on writing letters. We started with her name and she's got the P and the A somewhat. It will take some practice, but she knows all her letters when asked, so it's time to start something new. She's SO bright, it amazes me sometimes how much information she can retain. On that same note, she has an amazing memory. It's crazy! She can literally her a song ONE time on the radio and she will start singing the words and can remember the tune. She's also VERY good at learning people's names and remembering them. She definitely did not get this trait from me!

We've decided our little Paxi is mostly an observer in most settings. She DOES participate at school and jumps in to play with her friends, but when she's a little unsure about the situation, she takes a step back and watches. THIS she DOES get from me. I am very reserved and calm. I take my time to warm up to people and I don't just come into a room talking. I try and involve her and make her feel comfortable when she's unsure. But most of the time she has to decide when she's ready to jump in. Which is totally fine.

We are starting to gather ideas for her 3rd birthday party! It will be here before we know it. I have a couple of ideas, but nothing confirmed yet. I have to make sure that I don't over do it, like I usually do. =) I don't know what I will do when I have two or three kids one day. I guess I better start saving now! ha!


We love you Paxi Grace! HAPPY 34 Months!!

No comments:

life according to Lambie