June 20, 2011

Birthday Party (ies)

What's the fun in having one birthday party? What if you could have TWO...and possibly a third to come?!?!? Seems fitting...for someone turning three! =)

I fought my inner self for months about this and kept feeling like such a failure as a mom. I simply wanted a nice, QUIET family party for Pax this year. The past two years have been so elaborate and over the top...I spend tons of money and I don't even know if Pax had a good time. I feel like as she gets older, she will come to realize that birthdays are fun to spend with your friends...having fun parties, but right now, she just doesn't care. And I'm not the type to have a party just to impress other people. Give her some presents and cake and she's happy. Heck, just cake would make her day!

We also have VERY limited party venues in our little town. Like 5-6 possibilities. I really would like to save those for when she's older and we need those places. Cody and I thought about maybe having a park party, but unless we have it at 8 a.m., it's just too hot outside in June or at a local pizza/game place...but, then again...we are spending too much money. SOooo, we opted to take her some FUN treats to school and have small, family parties. We brought some yummy cookies for all her friends at school to take home. I know they sing to them and make it a big deal... I knew she would like that.

Then,we had her 1st party with my family the Sunday after her birthday. Just close family, nothing elaborate. Paxtin requested a "pink, strawberry, Princess cake" and that's exactly what she got! We love Ms. Harriet's cakes-she's the BEST!!




My mom made her amazing enchiladas with beans/rice. It was DELICIOUS!! After lots of begging, Paxi finally got to open her gifts and she was so excited. She is such a lucky little girl-loved by so many great people. She got some new Barbie's, a big girl bike from mommy and daddy, new dress-up, and a splash pool from Nannie & Pop!!










Her second party was with Cody's dad's side of the family. They have monthly parties for all the birthdays in that particular month...it can sometimes be a very hectic party! Pax is the only June birthday (how in a family of about 40, she is the only one, I haven't a clue!) so she got to be the center of attention.

Dress is by TOO CUTE CREATIONS.

Dinner was so yummy and Paxi had the cutest Princess cake...see a theme here?! She is SO into the Princess thing right now. Pax got more great presents; a few puzzles, a cute little dress, and a singing, dancing Dora-by far her favorite present of the night! Not quite sure it's MY favorite. ; )










We had a great time seeing all the family. Cody's grandma is so fun-she set up little splash pools for all the cousins and this bucket was just Paxi's size. They had water gun fights and I'm pretty sure everyone there got a WET welcome. =) Grandma even made fun little goody bags for all the cousins-complete with citronella bracelets!! So cute. I just love her!!






We are definitely partied out for the moment. We may have one more little celebration with Cody's mom in Branson sometime soon. Having more than one big party does require more traveling, but I know Pax has had a great time at all her parties! I'm sure next year we will be ready to have a big birthday with all her friends. =)

No comments:

life according to Lambie