And just to make me REALLY sad, here is her 1 month photo:
Last weekend, Cody, Pax & I loaded up and headed up to Branson to stay the weekend with Cody's mom and step dad who live there. We were so excited for all of the family to see Pax and knew that they would be amazed at how much she had grown. Most of all, we were thrilled that Pax's great grandma Zona finally got to meet her. She had waited 2 long months to see Pax and I still don't know how she made it that long. Here they are meeting for the first time:
While we were staying in Branson, a monumental occasion occurred. Paxtin slept the whole night...TWICE. To those of you who aren't mommas, this probably amounts to a hill of beans, but trust me, it was the most proud I have been since she was born! She has been sleeping a solid 8-9 hours every night ever since. My little Boo is growing up and it makes me sad, but I will NOT miss those 3 am feedings! I do have to credit much of our sleeping succcess to an amazing book, The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp. I not only learned ways to make Paxi feel safe and secure in her new environment, but I also discovered how to get a baby to sleep for longer periods at a time. SWADDLING saved our life.
Cody & I were able to have a nice date night to celebrate our 3rd anniversary while we were there. We hit up an amazing sushi place called Wasabi and enjoyed some adult conversation!
Before we left for our trip, Pax started 2 new things. Holding her head up while on her belly (for longer than 2 seconds) and laughing out loud. There is nothing better in the world than to see her look at me and grin the biggest, gummiest smile every time she sees me. That will never get old.

Tomorrow I have to take my little Lambie in for her 2 month checkup. She will have to get her shots and I am completely distraught over the whole situation. I will probably cry more than she does. I will post pics of the battle scars after we both recover. Say a little prayer for us both.
And finally, I thought I would throw these in just for Cody. This little girl has him wrapped around her finger and it just melts my heart every time I see them together. They are my two MOST favorite people in the world and I know they are going to enjoy years and years of amazing fun times together.
This was night one of sleeping all night.
They are intensely watching Michael Phelps swim for his medals!




No comments:
Post a Comment