September 22, 2008

Coca-cola and toast

Unfortunately, I have to start off with sad news. My meme, my Mom's mom, passed away last night in her sleep. She had spent the past few years in a nursing home and in reality will be in a better place. I spent lots of time with my meme while growing up and I will always remember her at her best. She would always make me toast for breakfast when I spent the night with her and she never let her jug of Coke in the fridge get low. I will miss her and I hate that Paxi will never get to know her. She will now be able to watch Paxi from heaven everyday.

OK-we had an eventful weekend. But it wouldn't be our life if it wasn't crazy! On Friday, Pax and I had the opportunity to meet my old high school friend Courtney and her 7 month old baby Cady for lunch. P was tired and angry at me for taking her out so close to afternoon nap-so she glared at everyone and eventually erupted in tears. But Cady kept us well entertained. = )

Saturday we traveled to stay the night with Cody's dad. We had a wonderful time seeing ALL the family, but Pax was a tad overwhelmed. Her teething is in full swing and you never know what kid you are going to get. Hopefully when we go back for my birthday dinner, she will be in a better mood. I didn't get near the amount of pictures I wanted to. Here's Paxi with Cody's cousin Cami, Grandma, and Donnita.








We have trouble when we travel with Paxi because she has to sleep in the same room with us, which she doesn't do anymore, and she has to sleep in various things she isn't used to. We decided to try out our travel crib this weekend-it's basically a padded box with a wafer thin mattress. She slept in the bed with us. One night won't hurt her. It did make a good changing area. Like her hair?!





New tricks and activities are becoming "fun." Pax loves to "stand" now with someones help and bounce around. She presses her little legs against us and just squeals in delight. I think she will be ready for an exersaucer/bouncy thing very soon.


She is also still working on rolling over and she is closer than ever. She is now lifting her feet up to get momentum and turning her upper half while swinging the bottom half-I thought for sure she was going to do it today, but she gets on her side and gets stuck.


You can also see she is chomping on her hands. She is obsessed. They are her new best friend and she sucks on them 24 hours a day. I hear her sucking them over the monitor at night when she loses her passy. I know it is because of the teething, but it secretly drives me batty.






And finally-look how high she is holding her head!! Such a big girl.
= )

No comments:

life according to Lambie