July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Wedding Dress

Kelly's Korner is a blog that has a weekly thing where everyone posts pictures of a different theme. This week is it wedding dresses. I haven't ever done anything like this, but I thought it would be fun to play along.

So, to make a long story short, I had one of those big poufy wedding dresses that every daddy dreams of his daughter wearing one day, an elaborate Fall wedding planned, and it just wasn't me. I am just not a 'put on a show' kind of girl and weddings are no exception. At the last minute, I opted for a private ceremony in Nassau, Bahamas with just me and my husband. It was the best decision I have ever made. (Besides to have my sweet Lambie...; )

I had to put the ex nay on the frou frou dress and get something more beach. This was actually a bridesmaid dress that they had made for me in white. Which was perfect for a hot, summer day in the Bahamas.










This post is actually perfect since Cody & I will be celebrating 4 amazing married years together August 4th. We have actually been together 8 in all, and hopefully for next year for the 5 year anniversary we will get to go back to the Bahamas to celebrate!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and had to smile at your wedding plans and how they changed. My husband (of 11 years now!) always tells me, "I'd do it all over again -- but lets elope this time!" And he tells any of our friends who get engaged to do it "destination style." Your dress was perfect for the day and looked beautiful on you!

The Cates Fam said...

Glad you did what you wanted to do. It is too important of a day not to! You looked gorgeous!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved your wedding pictures...Thanks for sharing.Your dress was gorgeous. I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit me...I have a fun post up today with two giveaways on Monday.

life according to Lambie