September 06, 2009

welcome to kindermusik

Finally. An awesome, baby friendly class that I am absolutely ecstatic about taking Paxtin to.

I first heard about Kindermusik from my friend, Courtney, who signed up her cupcake awhile back. I was so jealous and angry that there was nothing like this in our area for P. BUT-after some searching and hunting people down-I found a Kindermusik class about 45 minutes away. Not completely ideal, but better than nothing. I could hardly wait for the demonstration class, to see what we thought and how Pax responded to the class.

In true Pax fashion, she totally did her own thing and mostly watched from outside the circle...which, the teacher said was fine. I didn't want to force her to join in and ruin the whole experience from there on out. She was very interested in the songs, the instruments, and even the exercises we did together. I think as we continue to go each week, she will become more comfortable with the circle time and the activities in general.

I felt a little silly taking pics during the class-didn't want to offend the other moms-so I held off. When we begin our actual classes next week, I will be taking lots of shots for sure. I waited until we got home and I got a shot of her with her new Kindermusik take home instrument. ; )

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yay for Kindermusik! We have that instrument too.

life according to Lambie