I think by this point, my love obsession with Fall is no secret. Hayrides, Halloween, football...I love everything that comes with the season. I could not wait to get to carve our pumpkins with Pax-which was one of my favorite things to do when I was little. My dad had his pumpkin and Pax had her little one-and since my dad is the pumpkin carving extraordinaire-I thought they could do theirs "together."
Poppy had a cool white pumpkin. He wanted to make a "girly" pumpkin for Pax.So, everything was set up and ready to go. I got Pax a front row seat so she could check out the top coming off, the guts being scooped out, and then finally the face as it was made. I didn't, however, plan for what happened next.

She. Freaked. Out.
And not just a little scare. She absolutely came UNGLUED about the knife going into the pumpkin. She started screaming NO! and was literally shaking. Her whole body-just shaking. I had no idea what was wrong and thought that maybe she was just a little upset that Poppy was "hurting" the pumpkin...???

But bless her little heart, she didn't want to have a thing to do with that pumpkin after that! I pray that we haven't traumatized her for life. I think that maybe she was just too little to understand what was going on. And apparently she harbors some fear, unbeknown st to me, of knives.
So, after the knifing was all done, Poppy wanted to paint some accents on his pumpkin. Pax wasn't as afraid of that activity.

So, I let her paint her pumpkin. But, alas, even that wasn't good enough-she wanted to paint herself. So, we called it a bust and gave up. Sometimes, you're just too little. =(
Here's Poppy's finished pumpkin. The lips kill me. I teased him that it looked like a blow up doll. LOL!
And here is what Paxi managed to accomplish with her pumpkin, in between crying fits and freak outs. Maybe next year-good thing her pumpkin was only $2. =)




2 comments:
How funny! Bless her heart!
awww cute pumpkins. I had to LOL at the blow up doll lips.. hehehe.
My Hannah did the same freak out thing with her 1st experience with pumpkins and cutting them open and the guts. I certainly wish I could tell you that she has overcome the great pumpkin freak out.. but... I can not. She still (at 5 yo) freaks. So Hannah paints her pumpkins such as Pax does. Oh dont get me wrong.. Hannah loves and adores pumpkins - just dont cut and carve them.
Post a Comment