I haven't done a "Show us Your Life" post from Kelly's Korner in so long! But, I was kind of intrigued by this one today about baby names.
The theme this week is to discuss how you came up with the names you chose for your children and/or any names that you love for future ones. I have enjoyed reading some of the posts that people have added to her site. There are some neat family names and wonderfully unique ones, too.
Our daughter, Paxtin Grace, was (according to who you ask) supposed to be an Isabella. Everyone loved the name, including myself. I just always knew I would have a little Isabella Marie. Isabella just because it was pretty and girly and Marie for my momma's middle name. Well, fast forward about 2 years and 9 months ago to the day I found out I was pregnant. I had to really start SERIOUSLY thinking of a baby name-serious business. A name that he/she would carry forever. And I also for the first time put Isabella with my married last name: Lawlis. And as you can see-that is one too many L's! Soooo-the name game began. I pulled names from anywhere you can imagine; books, the web, tv shows, movies, etc. I was blank.
Girls' names were never that difficult for me, but I was totally clueless about boys. I didn't even pick one out in case Paxtin was a boy! The only name we both agreed on was LUCA (pronounced LUKE-UH) GARIN (a combination of my dad's name and cody's). We decided not to do the wildly popular trend of using family names, although there is nothing wrong with that. It just wasn't something that interested us. And there aren't that many neat maiden or middle names in either of our families.
As for girl names, we tossed around TONS. It was down to a short list of a few when I remembered a little girl who went to the preschool I worked at. She was a Paxtin and I never forgot the name. It stuck with me and I loved how unique it was without it being too weird. That's hard to achieve. =) And to my surprise, my husband also loved it. Not at first, he was a little unsure, but it grew on him and he eventually started to like it, too. I let him choose the middle name and he went with the very classic Grace. I think it is just a name he loves. There really is no other story than that! We loved the name and we agreed on it-not an easy thing to achieve.
As for our future children?? Well, I always like to keep those names to myself, but I already know that if we have another girl, she will either be a PIPER GREER or ROWAN SOFIA. Not sure which just yet. Paxi and Piper sound like a pair, right?!?! A pair of trouble makers. ; )
Boys-who knows. GARIN is still a name we both love as well as BROOKS, HENDRIX, and the old standby-LUCA.
Time will only tell what the future holds for the Lawlis babies. =)
Halloween nails, but make them chic
2 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment