January 16, 2011

cold weather fun

These past couple of weeks have been so bitterly cold, forcing Pax and I to stay inside all day, most days. If it were up to Paxtin, she would choose to sit and watch Dora or Diego all day...which, drives me batty! I got a little smarter this year with her Christmas toys and actually packed a few away before she really got to tear into them. I was hoping this would work and she would be excited to see the "new" toys when some of her others had been played to death.

And it did! Santa brought her a few games this year, so Saturday we got one out : Elefun. When I taught preschool in the past, I had this game in my classroom and the kids would ask to play it ANY time we had a free minute. They loved it. So, when I saw it at Toys R Us, I had to get it. I wasn't sure if Pax was old enough to play, but she ended up LOVING it. =) Cody had to show her how to do it, of course. Once she got the hang of it, she loved it.







I think she played Elefun for an hour straight!! Earlier that day Cody had taken Pax to an early daddy/daughter breakfast, so she got a little frustrated with the game-having been up so long!

Today the cold finally let up and it was actually kind of "warm." ; )

Pax got a lot of outdoor toys this year, also for Christmas. She got a little princess coupe and a new Dora big wheel. She's still getting used to driving the princess car-I think it kind of startles her when she presses the gas! It's hilarious to watch her-she always ends up in the grass! We have to work on steering.




She loved the Dora big wheel! It's so cute-playing music and making little turning signal sounds. It's a fun alternative to an actual bike, which she isn't quite ready for yet.




We had a very low-key, relaxing weekend-just what I like!!

No comments:

life according to Lambie