July 05, 2011

4th of July

We had a great Independence day! We spent the first half of the weekend with Cody's family at their annual celebration. Cody's aunt Donnita always goes ALL out with her 4th of July party and this year was no different. How beautiful is her backyard??



Everyone had drinks and lots of different dips, while the kids swam in the pool. Pax had a blast swimming with her cousins! Lately at all the family get-togethers, Tony and Sayer have been bringing their instruments and jamming. What other family has their own jam band?!!? SO FUN!!



Of course, I forgot to get a family photo. =( But Paxi looked SO cute in her 4th of July shirt! I wanted some of her OUTSIDE in her shirt, but the moment she saw the pool, the shirt was off!!




Cody's fam is SUPER serious about their fireworks. This wasn't even HALF of what everyone brought-I think someone added up all the fireworks in the field and it totaled OVER $1500. INSANITY.



But they all have a blast (literally) shooting them off with each other. Cody is always down "in the trenches" helping light all the big fireworks, so I hang with Pax. She still isn't a big fan of all the noise. Can't really say I blame her there. :/ I love that our cousin Cammi always gets a picture of Cody with his head lamp on!! Such a goof!






We came back home Monday morning and rested a bit before we hit up another cookout. That night we went down to our old neighborhood and celebrated the 4th with some of our old neighbors. We may not live around there anymore, but those people will always be like our family!! Pax has a blast with her buddies Gracie and Nate. This was the only picture we could get of the kids-still pretty cute though!




Cody had to be at work REALLY early this morning, so we didn't stick around for more fireworks. We had such a great time though...LOVE family weekends!!

No comments:

life according to Lambie