September 01, 2011

Just Dance!

Today was a BIG day for Pax...she started her first (of what *I* secretly hope will be many) year of ballet and tap!! This is an activity she chose on her own-from a selection of gymnastics or another Kindermusik class. In my opinion, she is entirely way too young for multiple activities at this point. She made it very easy and stated clearly that she wanted to be a ballerina...like Dora (?) SO, that was that!!

We got her enrolled a few weeks ago, bought her some new gear (THANKS BECCA!!!) and started talking about all the fun things she would be learning in her new class. I could tell she was apprehensive about the tap class...not sure if it is the shoes (noise) or just that she's dead set on being a ballerina. ; ) I will post updates on her progress this semester.



I just love all her funny little poses! She has been DYING to get one of those leotards on...for weeks now! I'm surprised she let me take it off for bath tonight. ; )


I realize the shoes look funny! We didn't want to wear our new ballet shoes out and get them dirty. And when I say WE, I mean *I* did not want the kid to have scuffed ballet shoes. HA!





One of her best buddies, Sadie, is in class with her, so I knew leaving her there wouldn't be a problem. Sadie and Pax also go to MDO together. I hope they don't get sick of each other! I did worry about her being alone just a tad, but the studio is very strict on NO parent observation. I suppose it causes distractions...so, I only got one picture of her getting ready to head off into class with Sadie.


Hopefully they will give the parents little opportunities to sneak a peek at what they are working on. I'm dying to see those long legs in action. =)

2 comments:

life according to Lambie