August 06, 2011

Why I love to Blog

I know it isn't Friday, but I tend to do everything in my life a day late and a dollar short. HA! Ok, maybe not EVERYTHING, but I am always late it seems.

This week's SHOW US YOUR LIFE on Kelly's Korner is BLOGGING ADVICE. Now, I have to say I don't have a stitch of blogging advice. I can't tell you what you should/shouldn't do on your blog...besides don't be someone your not. But, I think that's pretty obvious, right??

Obviously I don't have a HUGE fan base, but I don't care, I still love to do it. I blog in the hopes of "one day" printing this out to a book for Pax. She may be married before that actually happens, but I like to dream big. Here are a few other reasons WHY I LOVE TO BLOG::

FOR OUR FAMILY:
1. Cody & I have family that is scattered all over the place. I originally started this blog for them. I wanted a way for them to see Pax grow, change, and hit milestones. It slowly turned into something I started to do for ME. I have a way to look back and remember Pax at a specific age, time, or at a fun activity we did.

READING OTHER BLOGS
2. It can be so reassuring to read another mommy's blog and realize they too struggle with a parenting issue. You suddenly feel connected to someone and can relate! I love that. I can also get great new parenting tips or alternate ways of doing something I hadn't thought of before. The network of mommy bloggers is HUGE and there is a blog out there just about anyone can relate to.

FOR PAX
3. I suppose this is maybe #1, but I blog for Pax. I have from the beginning, along with our families. I love the idea of her sitting down somewhere in the future, as a young lady, reading about our Pumpkin Patch visit when she was two. It's just super special and personal. Much more so than a simple photo album.

Here are a few things that I look for in blogs or things that make me want to stick around and snoop:

1. You write the way you talk. Formal, proper blogs are no fun!

2. You have lots of pictures!!

3. You are honest, unpretentious, and kind. I don't want to read something and think, "YEAH Right!!" Be honest and tell it like it is-I identify more with those people! Being pretentious or a "know-it-all" will NOT make me stick around. Don't brag about how wonderful your life is because you have lots of money or lots of this or that. It makes me want to run away! And I like to read blogs that are kind and don't use hateful remarks or make fun of others (yes, I've ran across a few of these)

4. You blog about other things besides your kid. I have to say, I don't do this often, but I try! I like to read about kids, but also about great recipes, parenting advice, or just a daily mom rant!! HA!

So, that's my "advice". Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

~Mistee~ said...

Great blogging tips!! Your daughter isba cutie!!

~Mistee~ said...

Oops. Thats supposed to say is a. Not isba. Lol

hollie marie said...

Great tips!!! Your girl is adorable and so is your blog!

life according to Lambie